Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Birth of a new piece for my show... KUSTOM

So as you see in my background, I had created a promo piece that I pass out at shows made up of mostly Kustoms. Work I have shot for various articles or at shows around California. I have decided to do a set of pieces for my upcoming show using this format. I rebuilt the piece using only Kustoms and I will build another titled "Rod" to showcase Hot Rods I have shot as well.

After printing out all the individual shots and then printing out a master copy, I really got a look at this piece and got excited. Here are a few shots showcasing the first of the set. I have included shots of the build. Its no lie that even my photographs cannot do justice the effect of my layering 3D effect. You really have to see this stuff in person. I am so in love with this piece right now.

Here is the shot as it was originally designed.

So much fun cutting out all the individual prints.

Setting up the shot in Photoshop to find placement for all the pictures.



Here is me with the start of the 3D piece.

 
So I have started the process of setting up the layers.

It is so hard to photograph the effect of the 3D layers.


You can see the depth a bit here.

I hand cut all the spacers for each piece.

Any artist knows this is one of your best friends.

I had to think long and hard about all the layers and how high each piece needs to be lifted.

Secrets revealed...





Its done and this photo does no justice at all.




Add caption



No comments:

Post a Comment