Monday, January 10, 2011

Taking the Fink Rod out for a ride.

So I was out in Bakersfield this weekend to shoot a friends Hot Rod. After tracking weather for 10 days and lining up a location etc, it all quickly went out the window. It was overcast, and cold. About 45 degrees. This car has 3 types of metal flake that really needs sun to see, so there were thoughts of a re-shoot. At one point we had 18 people including myself at the shoot for one car. Wow! It quickly turned into the thing to do on a Sunday.

This day started out with one simple goal... to take one shot of this car doing a wheelie for another art piece for my show. After all the craziness of the day, we ditched everyone else and finally got down to the business at hand. You can see a screenshot off my computer of what I was looking for. Thanks to everyone for one of the most interesting days I have ever had on a shoot.

So here are a few Phone shots of the start of the day and a teaser of what I was there to do. More to come.

This is when I should have known that this was quickly getting out of hand.

Part of the entourage that came with us to location #1. I think they were there hoping to get put in a magazine. Ha ha ha.


We had to pull over to replenish some fluids.


Heres a quick sceen shot of the pic I was after. Not the finished piece. This one is digital. You will have to wait for my film to be processed for the real thing.


2 comments:

  1. Crazy COOL little brother!!!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a crazy day, but the film is looking good. This will be a great piece when its finished.

    ReplyDelete