Monday, January 17, 2011

A Day with Doug Dorr

As my readers may know, I will be having an exhibit of my art infused photography on March 19th at Gasoline Gallery in El Segundo Ca. I started my weekend off with the first of a series of pieces based on legends in the Kustom Kulture art world. The first victim was Doug Dorr. Creator of Kool Tools and a world famous painter. Doug was amazing. We had a grand time as he went to work on a panel as I set up my camera. I actually had to tell him to stop cause he is just so damn fast when he pinstripes. Its just so fluid and natural when he goes at it. Here are a few cheap shots to give you a sneak peek at what I am working on. I will post a few more photos later with a better pic of the panel.

Hmmm... Who's next for my series on artist?

Here's the finished piece. He was ready to just wipe the panel clean, but I had to put a stop to that. This one went home with me.


I learned so much and have great respect for my friend Doug.


So here is a quick poloroid of things to come.


See the finished pieces at my show. Everyone is welcome.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome, Jay. Your take-home goodies aren't too bad either ;)

    ReplyDelete