Monday, January 3, 2011

My custom Teardrop.

Here are a few shots of the Mini Teardrop trailer I built to haul my camera equipment around car shows and shoots. It took a a few weekends to design and fabricate. Its turned into quite a show stopper. Its got me a write up in Hot Rod Deluxe and was spotted in a swedish magazine.

I used a large piece of panel board to create a natural arc for the wagon.

I cut out the sides for weight

Ribbed it with small pieces and set the deck in.

I covered the exposed areas in plastic floor  matting.

Fabricated the doors and skinned those in tin and more of ther matting

Using epoxy, I glued on the aluminium to the sides and then used edge molding to give it a great edge.

A friend fabricated some fiberglass fenders and the unit was near completion

Caught in the act up at Santa Maria.

Always seem to run into other teardrops in my travels.

Dave Wallace surprised me with a small blurb in the Jan issue of Hot Rod Deluxe.



A friend from sweden brought this back with him for me to see.


No comments:

Post a Comment