Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Trip to Dean Jeffries Automotive Styling.

Back in August 2010, I got the chance to meet up with Legend Dean Jeffries. I was out to shoot the elusive Mantaray. When I got to the shop, Dean was sitting where you will usually find him... in front of his rare GT. Ford has offered him millions for this car that is the only surviving GT of four made. He just says he is not done with it yet. It was such a great day that I almost forgot to shoot. I got a handful of great stories and shared a few of my own. Dean showed me the lighting fixture that he tried to clean with a spray bottle, which had led to him being electrocuted and thrown from a ladder. He showed me where he had split his head open on the ground and was later found in a coma by his wife. He was nearly written off for dead, but pulled through and here he stands in front of me. This is the guy who really built the Black Beauty for the Green Hornet. He told me of his days pinstriping with Von Dutch and hanging out in the era of Barris Kustoms in Lynwood. So many amazing stories about the custom paint jobs he did at Indy, and some rare stories of the birth of the first Shelby Cobra. We later met up again at the Long beach Motorama where we and some friends had a ball sharing more stories. Here are a few shots from that day. I hope you enjoy.



Deans rare GT.

Dean sat looking out the bay window of the garage keeping an eye on his shop.


The lines of this car are amazing.






Amazing to think I was there in person.


The shop is filled with legendary stories



My finished shot. Dean loved this one.

I have made a new friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment